CIHS Lettering Policies
Cambridge-Isanti Varsity Lettering Criteria
· Adapted Bowling- Varsity participant on our bowling team.
· Baseball and Softball- Must participate in one-fourth of the total number of innings in a season or appear in one-half of the games played. For pitchers, win or save two games or pitch one-sixth of the total innings. Post season participation.
· Boys and Girls Basketball- Participant on the section roster. Coach discretion.
· Cheerleading- Must be a cheerleader for a varsity sport, and successfully complete the season of that sport.
· Boys and Girls Cross Country- Must run in 5 of 10 varsity races. Participate as a varsity runner in the conference or section meet.
· Football- Must participate in at least one-fourth of all varsity quarters played during the season.
· Girls Gymnastics- Must have competed in one-half of all Varsity squad meets. Participant on sectional meet, and/or state meet team.
· Boys and Girls Golf- Participate in four varsity golf meets during the season, or participate in either the conference, sectional or state meets.
· Boys and Girls Hockey- Must play or dress in one half of all varsity hockey games during the year. Participant on the section roster.
· Mock Trial- Must participate as a witness or as an attorney in the required meets.
· One Act Play- Must participate in all of the required performances.
· Robotics- Participate in preseason varsity training and workshops. Active varsity participation during the 6 week build season. Active varsity participation while competing at regional competitions.
· Boys and Girls Soccer- Participate in one third of the number of halves for the season. Section tourney roster participant, or serve as a varsity manager for half of the games in a season.
· Speech- Must accumulate 50 points and participate in the required meets, and coach practices.
· Boys and Girls Swimming and Diving- Must score 60 varsity team points during the season. Finish in championship heat of conference meet. Qualify for either the championship or consolation heat in section meet, or meet sectional qualifying time.
· Boys and Girls Tennis- Participate in five varsity tennis matches during the season, or participate in either the conference, sectional or state meets.
· Boys and Girls Track and Field- Earn letter points equal to the number of varsity meets in the season by participation, placing, or serving as a manager. Participant in the conference or section meet lineup. Coach discretion.
· Visual Arts- Must participate in the 7AA Regional Arts Show, or the Mississippi 8 Conference Arts Show.
· Volleyball- Must play in one-third of all varsity games.
· Wrestling- Must wrestle in at least six varsity matches. May be a wrestling member of the Sectional Tournament Team.